RIVERS: ARREST OF SUSPECT FOR ABDUCTION AND DEFILEMENT OF A 14-YEAR-OLD.(PHOTO).#PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 PRESS RELEASE:  ARREST OF SUSPECT FOR ABDUCTION AND DEFILEMENT OF A 14-YEAR-OLD The Rivers State Police Command wishes to inform the public of a recent arrest concerning a case of abduction and defilement. On April 2, 2025, at approximately 3:20 am, operatives of the C4I Strike Force, while on a routine patrol along the Casablanca Axis, GRA Phase-2, Port Harcourt, apprehended one Emmanuel Godwin (male, 23 years old) of 25 Chinda Street, Ikwerre Road, Port Harcourt. The suspect was found in the company of a minor, name withheld (female, 14 years old), of 11 Nwogu Martins Street, Chinda, Ikwerre Road, Port Harcourt. Upon interrogation, the suspect confessed to abducting the minor and detaining her in a room where three other individuals also engaged in unlawful acts with her for over a week. Efforts are currently underway to apprehend the suspects who are at large. The apprehended suspect will be charged to court after investigations The Rivers State Police Command remains comm...

#END-BAD-GOVERNANCE PROTEST ORGANISERS IN ABUJA WRITE FCT MINISTER WIKE TO RELEASE EAGLE SQUARE FOR PLANNED DEMONSTRATION .(PHOTO).


 #EndBadGovernance Protest Organisers In Abuja Write FCT Minister Wike To Release Eagle Square For Planned Demonstration


Organisers of the planned nationwide #DaysOfRage and #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria protest have written the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, requesting the release of Eagle Square between August 1 and 10, 2024, for the peaceful demonstration.


In a letter signed by Damilare Adenola, Director of Mobilisation for the Take It Back Movement (TIB) in Abuja, the protesters demanded unrestricted access to the venue 24/7 throughout the duration of the protest, and possibly even after it concludes.


The letter read, ā€œI write you as the Director of Mobilization, Take it Back Movement (TIB) to your office to grant us access to the Eagles Square between August 1st and 10th, 2024, for our #DaysOfRage, #EndBadGovernance protest.


ā€œThis request entails using this national asset-day and night-for the duration of the historic protest.


ā€œAlso, note that the protest may be prolonged beyond ten days as we embark on the protracted crisis occasioned by the ruling party.


ā€œFurther, your office must also ensure the provision of a 24-hour power supply, toilet facilities, water, and security for the convenience of Nigerian citizens who will be camped out at Eagle Square.


ā€œIn short, we ask that the protesters are accorded the courtesy accorded to foreign and local official dignitaries who have frequently used the space.


ā€œIn addition, we request that the outer wire mesh barrier facing the Aso Rock Villa be removed in the meantime, as protesters may decide to visit the Presidential Villa during the protest.


ā€œIt is our sincere hope that this request will be granted expeditiously.ā€


Wike had asked residents of the FCT not to protest on August 1 but rather troop out for celebration.


The minister while briefing journalists after the FCT Security Council meeting in Abuja on Thursday, said this in reference to the planned #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria protest.


He said that rather than the scheduled protest, traditional rulers in the territory would receive their certificate of recognition from the Area Council on August 1.


Wike therefore said FCT would not be available for protesters on August 1 as the date had been set aside for the Chairmen of the six Area Councils of the FCT to give out certificates of recognition to their traditional rulers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).