LEGENDARY ACTOR MANOJ KUMAR DIES AT 87: ‘ROTI KAPADA AUR MAKAAN’ DIRECTOR BREATHES HIS LAST IN MUMBAI. (PHOTOS).

Image
 Legendary actor Manoj Kumar dies at 87: ‘Roti Kapada Aur Makaan’ director breathes his last in Mumbai Manoj Kumar, the Bollywood actor and filmmaker, renowned for his patriotic films, passed away at the age of 87 at Mumbai's Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital. The cause of his death was identified as cardiogenic shock due to acute myocardial infarction, according to medical reports. The medical reports confirmed that apart from a severe heart attack that took away his life, Manoj had been battling decompensated liver cirrhosis for the past few months, ANI reported. Following deteriorating health condition, he was admitted to the hospital on February 21, 2025. Popularly known as ‘Bharat Kumar,’ Manoj Kumar was an exceptional director and actor who was honoured with National Film Award. He also received the Padma Shri in 1992 and Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2015, which is the highest award in field of Indian cinema presented annually by the Government of India to recognise outstandin...

SUDAN GOVT AGREES TO SEND DELEGATION TO CAIRO. (PHOTO).


 Sudan government agrees to send delegation to Cairo


Sudan's army-aligned government has said it would send a delegation to Cairo to discuss implementing a previous humanitarian deal, despite boycotting ongoing talks in Switzerland seeking to end the army's 16-month war with paramilitaries.


The United States is currently brokering ceasefire talks in an undisclosed location in Switzerland, which the army's adversaries the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) are attending, but the army has shunned.


Sudan's ruling Transitional Sovereignty Council said in a statement that the delegation in Cairo would discuss "the government's vision for implementing the Jeddah Agreement", which was negotiated last year in a bid to protect civilians, AFP reported.


Though fighting has continued unabated, the warring parties had agreed in May 2023 during talks in the Saudi coastal city of Jeddah to respect humanitarian principles and allow in badly needed aid.


The decision came "based on communication with the American government, represented by US envoy to Sudan Tom Perriello, and communication with the Egyptian government requesting a meeting with a government delegation in Cairo," it added.


Burhan has repeatedly rejected the Swiss-hosted talks, vowing there will be no peace "without the withdrawal of every last militia fighter from the cities and villages they have plundered and colonised".


His government has accused mediators of trying to legitimise the RSF and circumvent the Sudanese state.


The government has also rejected the presence of the United Arab Emirates as an observer in the ongoing talks in Switzerland, after months of accusing Abu Dhabi of backing the RSF.


Yet despite the army's no-show, Perriello told AFP on Thursday that discussions are ongoing in "virtual proximity talks", where brokers speak to each side separately.


The fighting in Sudan, which has killed tens of thousands and displaced a fifth of the population, has continued unabated despite the ongoing mediation efforts.


Both forces have been accused of war crimes, including targeting civilians, indiscriminately shelling residential areas and looting or obstructing aid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).