PRESIDENT TINUBU MOURNS NAF PERSONNEL IN ONDO JET CRASH, ORDERS THOROUGH INVESTIGATION OF THE MISHAP. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 STATEHOUSE PRESS STATEMENT PRESIDENT TINUBU MOURNS NAF PERSONNEL IN ONDO JET CRASH, ORDERS THOROUGH INVESTIGATION OF THE MISHAP   President Bola Tinubu has expressed profound sadness over the crash on Monday morning of a Nigerian Air Force ATR-42 jet near a naval base in the Igbokoda area of Ondo State.   The aircraft was on a routine mission from Benin to Lagos when the accident occurred.   The President extends his deepest condolences to the family of the 25 passengers and seven crew members involved, the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sunday Kelvin Aneke, and all officers, airmen and airwomen of the Nigerian Air Force.   "This is a painful moment for our Armed Forces and for the entire nation. Our Air Force personnel put their lives on the line every day to secure Nigeria. Their sacrifice will never be forgotten."   “The Chief of Air Staff has briefed me, and I have directed the Nigerian Air Force to immediately commence a thorough investigation in...

MATAWALLE TO GOV LAWAL: SWEAR WITH QURAN YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BANDITRY. (PHOTO).


 Matawalle To Gov Lawal: Swear With Quran You Know Nothing About Banditry


The Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle, on Tuesday, challenged the Governor of Zamfara State, Dauda Lawal, to swear with the Holy Quran to prove his innocence in banditry affecting the state.


Matawalle gave the charge on Channels TV’s Sunrise Daily while debunking the governor’s claim which linked him to banditry in the state.


The minister recalled how he swore using the Quran that he had no connection with banditry.


During an appearance on TVC, Lawal had charged the minister to resign and address the allegations of him sponsoring banditry and money laundering during his tenure as governor.


 “If I were him (Matawalle), I would resign and face all the allegations against me.


“For me honestly, I will step aside and face this allegation until I clear my name before I come back and continue my job. That should have been honourable. How will he have all these allegations against him and he is still the minister of defence?,” the governor said.


Reacting, Matawalle said, “They should bring any proof of that.”


While stating that the allegations were unfounded, the Minister of State for Defence explained that they were based on his dialogue with the bandits which other governors had done.


He said: “It was not only I that dialogued with bandits. Remember all the governors dialogue, the then governors of Niger and Sokoto states did the same. Why only me? Because it is Zamfara.


“Zamfara is a very complex state with terrible human beings with devilish ideas. Let me remind you I was the only governor that swore to the Holy Quran that I have no hand or connection with banditry or I am not happy with what is happening that if I am happy or if I am part of it or if I know those doing it or if I am collaborating with them God should not give me one-second grace.


“I challenged all the politicians, including General Ali Gusau and Dauda Lawal, to do the same. None of them could take the oath, and if they don’t take the oath that means they are part of it.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.