LEGENDARY ACTOR MANOJ KUMAR DIES AT 87: ‘ROTI KAPADA AUR MAKAAN’ DIRECTOR BREATHES HIS LAST IN MUMBAI. (PHOTOS).

Image
 Legendary actor Manoj Kumar dies at 87: ‘Roti Kapada Aur Makaan’ director breathes his last in Mumbai Manoj Kumar, the Bollywood actor and filmmaker, renowned for his patriotic films, passed away at the age of 87 at Mumbai's Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital. The cause of his death was identified as cardiogenic shock due to acute myocardial infarction, according to medical reports. The medical reports confirmed that apart from a severe heart attack that took away his life, Manoj had been battling decompensated liver cirrhosis for the past few months, ANI reported. Following deteriorating health condition, he was admitted to the hospital on February 21, 2025. Popularly known as ‘Bharat Kumar,’ Manoj Kumar was an exceptional director and actor who was honoured with National Film Award. He also received the Padma Shri in 1992 and Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2015, which is the highest award in field of Indian cinema presented annually by the Government of India to recognise outstandin...

ARREST WARRANTS ISSUED FOR NETANYAHU, GALLANT AND HAMAS COMMANDER OVER ALLEGED WAR CRIMES. (PHOTO).


 Arrest warrants issued for Netanyahu, Gallant and Hamas commander over alleged war crimes


Judges at the International Criminal Court (ICC) have issued arrest warrants for Israel’s prime minister and former defence minister, as well as Hamas's military commander.

A statement said a pre-trial chamber had rejected Israel’s challenges to the court’s jurisdiction and issued warrants for Benjamin Netanyahu and Yoav Gallant.

A warrant was also issued for Mohammed Deif, although the Israeli military has said he was killed in an air strike in Gaza in July.

The judges said there were “reasonable grounds” the three men bore "criminal responsibility" for alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity during the war between Israel and Hamas. Both Israel and Hamas have rejected the allegations.


It will now be up to the ICC's 124 member states - which do not include Israel or its ally, the United States - to decide whether or not to enforce the warrants.

In May, the ICC prosecutor Karim Khan sought warrants for Netanyahu, Gallant, Deif and two other Hamas leaders who have since been killed, Ismail Haniyeh and Yahya Sinwar.

Although Israel believes Deif is dead, the chamber said it had been notified by the ICC prosecution that it was not in a position to determine whether he was killed or remained alive.

The prosecutor's case against them stems from the events of 7 October 2023, when Hamas gunmen attacked southern Israel, killing about 1,200 people and taking 251 others back to Gaza as hostages.

Israel responded to the attack by launching a military campaign to eliminate Hamas, during which at least 44,000 people have been killed in Gaza, according to the territory's Hamas-run health ministry.

According to the ICC, the chamber “found reasonable grounds to believe” that Deif was “responsible for the crimes against humanity of murder; extermination; torture; and rape and other form of sexual violence; as well as the war crimes of murder, cruel treatment, torture; taking hostages; outrages upon personal dignity; and rape and other form of sexual violence”.

It also said there were reasonable grounds to believe the crimes against humanity were “part of a widespread and systematic attack directed by Hamas and other armed groups against the civilian population of Israel”.

For Netanyahu and Gallant, who was replaced as defence minister earlier this month, the chamber “found reasonable grounds to believe” that they “each bear criminal responsibility for the following crimes as co-perpetrators for committing the acts jointly with others: the war crime of starvation as a method of warfare; and the crimes against humanity of murder, persecution, and other inhumane acts”.

It also found reasonable grounds to believe that “each bear criminal responsibility as civilian superiors for the war crime of intentionally directing an attack against the civilian population”.

There was no immediate comment from Netanyahu, Gallant or Hamas.

Israeli President Isaac Herzog said: “Taken in bad faith, the outrageous decision at the ICC has turned universal justice into a universal laughing stock.”

“The decision has chosen the side of terror and evil over democracy and freedom, and turned the very system of justice into a human shield for Hamas’ crimes against humanity,” he added.

Mustafa Barghouti, a veteran Palestinian politician based in the occupied West Bank, welcomed the warrants for Netanyahu and Gallant.

“We also call on the International Court of Justice to expedite its ruling on Israel committing the crime of genocide,” he added, referring to a separate case currently being considered by the UN’s top court.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

ACTOR BABA IJESHA APPEALS FIVE-YEAR JAIL SENTENCE FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT. (PHOTO).