GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

TENSION GRIPS ANAMBRA COMMUNITY AS ANGLICAN ARCHBISHOP GOES MISSING. (PHOTO).


  Tension grips Anambra community as Anglican Archbishop goes missing


There is tension in Anambra State over the whereabouts of Most Rev. Prof. Godwin Okpala (Retired Archbishop of the Niger Province and Bishop of Nnewi).


The Archbishop was last seen on Friday when he embarked on a journey to Umuchu, a community in the State.


As of the time of filing this report, it is unclear if the Archbishop and his driver were abducted.


A prayer alert issued by the Bishop of Nnewi Diocese, Rt. Rev. Ndubuisi Obi on Saturday, urged intercessory prayers for the Archbishop.


It reads,


“PRAYER ALERT from BISHOP Ndubuisi Obi of Nnewi Diocese.


Dearly Beloved people of God,


With a deeply burdened heart, we write to inform you of the distressing news that our revered Father in God, the Most Rev. Prof. Godwin Okpala (Retired Archbishop of the Niger Province and Bishop of Nnewi), has been missing since yesterday morning.


He embarked on a journey to Umuchu accompanied by his driver but, unfortunately, never arrived at his destination. Since then, there has been no communication, and neither he, his driver, nor the vehicle have been located.


We earnestly plead for your fervent prayers for their safety and swift return. The relevant authorities have been contacted, and we are hopeful and trusting in God’s divine intervention for a positive resolution.


Please, join us in prayer of intercession, trusting in the Lord, whose watchful eyes never slumber, to bring our beloved Father in God, and his driver back to us safely.


Thank you for standing with us in this moment of distress.


+Ndubuisi Nnewi.”


When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Anambra State Command, Toochukwu Ikenga said he was unaware of the development.


Anambra State has been witnessing an upsurge in the activities of unknown gunmen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).