FG ANNOUNCES TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF OWERRI AIRPORT FOR RUNWAY REHABILITATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 FG ANNOUNCES TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF OWERRI AIRPORT FOR RUNWAY REHABILITATION  The  Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo, has announced the temporary closure of the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri, to allow for major runway rehabilitation works. A statement by the  Minister says the closure has become necessary to improve safety and operational efficiency at the airport, ahead of the Christmas travel season. It adds that the rehabilitation project is a joint partnership between the Federal Government and the Imo State Government, and will involve repairs to deteriorated sections of the runway, treatment of surface cracks, filling of potholes, resurfacing, and extension works to accommodate larger aircraft. The Minister disclosed that he had earlier spoken with the Governor of Imo State, Senator Hope Uzodimma, who, along with other critical stakeholders in the South-East, agreed on the need for the temporary closure. The airport i...

MY DAUGHTER WAS PLANNING WEDDING TO A PHARMACIST BEFORE HER MURDER- MOTHER OF CORPER BEHEADED BY GOSPEL SINGER. (PHOTO).


 My daughter planning wedding to pharmacist before murder – Mother of corper beheaded by gospel singer


Mrs Ojomachenwu Adaidu, mother of Salome, a 24-year-old corps member who was murdered by an Abuja gospel, Timileyin Ajayi, speaks to TEMITOPE ADETUNJI about her daughter’s ambition before she met her untimely death, and asks for justice to be done in matter

What is your relationship with the slain corps member?

I am Mrs Ojomachenwu Adaidu, the mother of Salome Eleojo Adaidu.

Where are you from?

I am from Ogodu in Omala Local Government Area of Kogi State.

How old are you?

I am 52 years old.

What do you do for a living?

I am into a small business.

Which tertiary institution did your late daughter attend before going for her youth service?

She graduated from Kogi State University.

How would you describe Salome’s personality and values?

Salome was a wonderful child, hardworking and responsible. Every morning, before I even woke up, she would sweep and tidy the house. Among all my children, she was the most hardworking.

Salome was serving as a youth corps member before the incident. Did she ever talk to you about her plans?

Yes, she told me she wanted to become a doctor after her service year.

What went through your mind when you heard the news?

I felt like my world had ended. It’s a painful experience, and it still feels like a bad dream. People tried to console me, saying I have other children, but no one should go through something like this. It has been extremely difficult. What I want is justice for her. (Sobbing) I am currently very ill.

The suspect claimed Salome was his girlfriend. Can you clarify this?

That’s a lie. Salome was not his girlfriend. He didn’t even know her name. You can see in the video that the killer has a beard. My children don’t like men who keep beards, and Salome had no relationship with him. She already had someone she was dating; a pharmacist. I told her we would do the necessary wedding introduction after her service year.

What do you want the police to do as the investigation continues?

I want the police to thoroughly investigate this case and make him confess what happened. He should face justice for what he did. The way he cut my daughter’s body into pieces is the same way I want him to be dealt with. They should cut him too into pieces; I want to see it done.

How many children do you have?

I now have five children, four girls and one boy. I used to have six before losing Salome.

 Aside from being hardworking, what other qualities did Salome have?

She was very kindhearted. Every time, she received her alawee (youth service allowance), she would buy me drugs, foodstuffs, and provisions. She was so generous, and I miss her deeply. Since her father passed, she promised to stand by me and take care of me.

When did Salome’s father pass away?

He died on May 16, 2024. Now, I’ve lost both my husband and my daughter, two people so close to my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.