ETHIOPIAN FORCES REGAIN CONTROL OF BORDER CITY NEAR ERITREA. (PHOTO).

Image
 Ethiopian forces regain control of border city near Eritrea Ethiopian government forces and their allies entered Adigrat, near the border with Horn of Africa neighbour Eritrea, days after Eritrean troops were pushed back from the strategic city. The reported incursion by Eritrean troops, which Eritrea has denied and Reuters could not independently verify, has raised fears of a return to all-out war along Ethiopia's northern border where the two nations have clashed before. Conflicts elsewhere in the region and tensions across the Red Sea have further raised the stakes. The fighting that broke out last month has been the biggest escalation since ​the Tigray war, in which hundreds of thousands of people died.

I WILL NOT CONTEST AGAINST TINUBU IN 2027 – WIKE. (PHOTO).


 I will not contest against Tinubu in 2027 – Wike

 

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has dismissed speculations about a possible 2027 presidential run, firmly stating that he will not contest against President Bola Tinubu.

Wike recently sparked political debate by calling on his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), to zone its 2027 presidential ticket to the South — a move that many interpreted as a sign he might be preparing to challenge Tinubu. 

However, in an interview with BBC News Pidgin published over the weekend, the former Rivers Governor set the record straight.

“I will not contest. Why will I contest against someone I’m working for?” Wike said, reiterating his loyalty to the current administration.

He further emphasised that no opposition candidate presently stands a realistic chance against President Tinubu. “I will not contest again. I cannot contest against someone I am working with. Who will win except him?” he added.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.