FRANCE'S HIGH SCHOOL PROTESTS HAVE TURNED VIOLENT NATIONWIDE THIS WEEK.(PHOTO).

Image
  France's high school protests have turned violent nationwide this week. France's high school protests have turned violent nationwide this week. Total chaos in France, police flee when hundreds of agitated school kids advanced, despite over 5,000 arrests. These high school kids are protesting over France government raising education budget by 1.7% (€1.2bn), which is below inflation rate of 3.4%. What sparked the protests Students are angry about school conditions and funding.  • Overcrowded classrooms and teacher shortages drove initial walkouts   • Government raised education budget 1.7% (€1.2bn), below 3.4% inflation  • Protests began late September and spread to 560-735 schools.  How it escalated this week Clashes grew and arrests topped 5,000. • Interior ministry reports 5,000+ arrested since Monday, ~80-85% minors • 300 police/gendarmes injured, 170 students and 65 staff injured • Riot police used tear gas; fires and attacks on schools reported e • Go...

IYABO OJO CONFIRMS INVITATION FROM EFCC AFTER DAUGHTER’S WEDDING CELEBRATION. (PHOTO).


Iyabo Ojo confirms invitation from EFCC after daughter’s wedding celebration

Actress and filmmaker Iyabo Ojo has publicly addressed her recent interaction with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) regarding the spraying of money at her daughter’s wedding.
In a detailed Instagram post, Ojo confirmed she was invited by the EFCC and visited their office on May 5, 2025, following her return from the UK.
She said she received numerous calls and messages from concerned individuals inquiring about the invitation and her well-being, prompting her to share her experience.
During the EFCC visit, Ojo said she was questioned about her personal details, career, work experience, and businesses.
The commission presented videos from her daughter’s wedding, showing guests, including colleagues and friends, spraying naira and foreign currencies.
According to her, the EFCC clarified that spraying any currency, including foreign ones like dollars, is prohibited in Nigeria.
After the questioning, Ojo was allowed to leave, with her lawyer, O.I. Salami, standing in for her in case further inquiries arise.
Ojo used the opportunity to advise Nigerians against spraying money at events to avoid EFCC scrutiny, suggesting a reconsideration of the cultural practice.
She emphasised the need for caution to prevent legal issues.
She said: “Good afternoon, lovely people.
“Following the recent media publication on social media and numerous calls and texts messages from different quarters seeking to hear from me on the EFCC invitation and to ascertain my welfare, I find it expedient to release this briefing.
“I recently had an experience with the EFCC in Nigeria after receiving an invitation letter while I was in the UK. Upon my return, I visited the EFCC on the 5th day of May 2025, where I was asked several questions relating to my personal biodata, career, work experience, and companies, amongst others.
“The EFCC officials showed me videos extracted from my daughter’s wedding where guests, including colleagues and friends, were spraying Naira and foreign currencies.
“I was asked if I knew this was illegal, and I explained that I thought only abuse or mutilation of the Naira was an offence.
“The EFCC officials clarified that spraying money, including on people’s bodies, is prohibited. I was surprised to learn that spraying any currency, including Dollars, is also not allowed.
“After questioning, I was allowed to leave the same day, but my personal lawyer, O.I. Salami, stood in for me as I may be called upon again.
“Given this experience, I strongly advise against spraying any currency in Nigeria to avoid issues with the EFCC.
“Perhaps it’s time to reconsider this long-standing tradition. Let’s prioritise caution and avoid any potential problems. Thank you, Alice Iyabo Ojo”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.