THREE-MONTHS-OLD INFANT FOUND FOLLOWING ALLEGED CHILD STEALING IN LUSAKA. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has debunked rumours of being ill, asserting that he is in excellent health. Speaking to journalists on Saturday, May 17, 2025, Wike dismissed speculations about his health, stating, “As I’m talking to you, do I look like somebody that is sick? Looking at me, will you think I’m above 30 years? I’m very well.”
The former Rivers State governor addressed reports that emerged in April, alleging he had collapsed during an event at the Presidential Villa in Abuja and was rushed abroad for urgent medical attention. Two days later, Wike quelled the rumours with a public appearance alongside other dignitaries during a Sallah homage to President Bola Tinubu, where he appeared vibrant and energetic. His media aide, Lere Olayinka, had also labelled the reports as false at the time.
Wike suggested the health rumours were a deliberate attempt to distract from revelations made by George Nwaeke, the immediate past Rivers State Head of Service, concerning an explosion at the Rivers State House of Assembly. He accused detractors of spreading misinformation to undermine his reputation.
In the same interview, Wike responded to questions about grooming his son for a political career, saying, “What’s wrong with that?” The minister’s remarks come amid ongoing political tensions in Rivers State, where he remains a prominent figure.
Comments
Post a Comment