PRESIDENT TINUBU MOURNS NAF PERSONNEL IN ONDO JET CRASH, ORDERS THOROUGH INVESTIGATION OF THE MISHAP. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 STATEHOUSE PRESS STATEMENT PRESIDENT TINUBU MOURNS NAF PERSONNEL IN ONDO JET CRASH, ORDERS THOROUGH INVESTIGATION OF THE MISHAP   President Bola Tinubu has expressed profound sadness over the crash on Monday morning of a Nigerian Air Force ATR-42 jet near a naval base in the Igbokoda area of Ondo State.   The aircraft was on a routine mission from Benin to Lagos when the accident occurred.   The President extends his deepest condolences to the family of the 25 passengers and seven crew members involved, the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sunday Kelvin Aneke, and all officers, airmen and airwomen of the Nigerian Air Force.   "This is a painful moment for our Armed Forces and for the entire nation. Our Air Force personnel put their lives on the line every day to secure Nigeria. Their sacrifice will never be forgotten."   “The Chief of Air Staff has briefed me, and I have directed the Nigerian Air Force to immediately commence a thorough investigation in...

I MAY CONSIDER RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT IN 2027 – DATTI BABA-AHMED. (PHOTO).


 I may consider running for president in 2027 – Datti Baba-Ahmed


Former Vice Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, has stated that he might consider contesting the 2027 presidential election under certain conditions.


He indicated he would only consider running for president if Obi and another unnamed figure from the southern part of the country decline to contest.


Speaking during an interview on Arise Television’s Prime Time programme on Tuesday, Baba-Ahmed emphasized that he is not driven by personal ambition.


Baba-Ahmed also pledged continued loyalty to Obi and said he would back him again in 2027 if he chooses to run.


“Look at my trajectory, and I’ve said this repeatedly, that in 2019 I aspired for the presidency and I lost, together with 11 others.


“I religiously supported Peter Obi and I would do so again in 2027, unless certain two people that I have tremendous respect for decide not to take it, and God Almighty in His infinite mercies keeps dropping it for me,” he said.


“Except if that happens, I can tell you Peter will contest for sure because he’s in the game, he contested before, I’ll support him. If he doesn’t, or another person that I won’t call his name from the South, if they don’t contest, otherwise I’m not ambitious. My key ambition is to stop the killings, stop the stealing, stop the slide.”

 Baba-Ahmed was Obi’s running mate in the 2023 presidential election, where the Labour Party came third, according to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.