S. A POLICE WOMEN ASSIST WOMAN IN GIVING BIRTH AT POLICE STATION. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 [ASSEN SAPS MEMBERS ASSIST WOMAN IN GIVING BIRTH AT POLICE STATION] Assen SAPS members assisted a female suspect who went into labour at the police station on Thursday, 8 October 2026, helping her deliver a healthy baby girl before she and the newborn were taken to a medical facility. According to reports, members were on duty at Assen SAPS under the command of Sergeant Chidi, when they received a telephone call regarding the arrest of a female suspect at Msholozi informal settlement in Kameeldrift. Constable Olivier and Constable Mokhutshoane responded to the call and arrested the suspect, who was reportedly in good health and had no visible injuries at the time of the arrest. She was subsequently taken to Assen SAPS. While at the police station, the suspect began experiencing labour pains and an ambulance was immediatly summond. Members assisted the woman during childbirth, with the supervision of Ms Marijke Van der Walt, an 80-year-old resident, who was present to provide assis...

NATIONAL CONVENTION: ‘I’M NOT PART OF IT’ – GOV FINTIRI REJECTS WIKE’S SUSPENSION FROM PDP. (PHOTO).


 National convention: ‘I’m not part of it’ – Gov Fintiri rejects Wike’s suspension from PDP


Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri of Adamawa State has dissociated himself from the position of expelling the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Minister, Nyesom Wike, from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The PDP expelled Wike, and a former governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, from the party, for anti-party activities.

The party also expelled the National Secretary of the party, Samuel Anyanwu, and eight others.

The party took the decision at the national convention currently taking place in Ibadan, Oyo State.

DAILY POST reports that the party unanimously voted to expel them for anti-party activities and fostering disunity with series of litigation against the interests of the party.

The national convention, which is currently holding at the Lekan Salami Stadium, Ibadan, has delegates from 17 states across the country in attendance.

A chieftain of the PDP, Bode George, moved the motion for the expulsion of 11 key members, citing what he described as activities inconsistent with the party’s collective interest as reasons for the move.

In reaction, governor said, “I, Rt. Hon. Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri, Governor of Adamawa State, wish to categorically state that I dissociate myself from the position of expelling the Honourable Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Wike , from PDP.

“I believe that this decision is not in the best interest of the party, and I will not be party to any attempt that could further plunge the PDP into unending crisis.

“As a faithful party member, my position is clear: I stand for the peace and stability of the PDP, and I will not support anything that could lead to its disintegration. I believe that peace and reconciliation are the only ways forward for our great party.

“I urge all stakeholders to work towards healing the divisions within the party and to strive for unity and cohesion. As a party man, I am committed to supporting efforts that promote peace, stability, and progress within the PDP.

“Let me reiterate that my position is guided by the desire for peace and reconciliation, and I will continue to work towards achieving this goal.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.