LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

NEW CLASHES ERUPT IN EASTERN DRC DAYS BEFORE PRESIDENTS TSHISEKEDI, KAGAME SIGN PEACE DEAL. (PHOTO).


 New clashes erupt in eastern DRC days before Presidents Tshisekedi, Kagame sign peace deal


New clashes between M23 rebels and the Congolese military supported by a pro-government militia erupted on Tuesday in various localities in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, according to sources.


The clashes broke out early morning at around 5:30am local time in different areas in the territories of Walungu and Uvira, in South Kivu province, disrupting schools and businesses, news portal Actualite reported, citing a member of the civil society in the area.


Many residents who had gone to their farms were said to be forced to seek safe places as fighting intensified, with fierce fighting also reported in Kamanyola.


In a statement confirming the fighting, the Armed Forces of the Democratic Republic of Congo (FARDC) alleged that the Rwandan army had teamed up with M23 to launch a series of attacks on its positions in Kaziba, Katogota, and Lubarika in violation of a ceasefire, Anadolu Agency reported.


Peace framework


Only recently, the Congolese government and the M23 signed a peace framework agreement in Doha, brokered by Qatar. The two sides also signed the Declaration of Principles ceasefire deal in July.


But fighting continues between government forces and the M23 rebels.


The attacks “sufficiently demonstrate the determination” of the rebels and their clear intent to “sabotage the Washington and Doha peace agreements, and to deliberately undermine ongoing efforts to restore peace in the east of the Democratic Republic of Congo,” the military said in its statement.


The latest fighting comes days before the signing in Washington of US-brokered peace deal between the Congolese President Felix Tshisekedi and his Rwandan counterpart Paul Kagame on Thursday.


Decades-old conflict


Contacted by Anadolu, Rwanda’s Foreign Minister Olivier Nduhungirehe, on his way to Washington, declined to comment before the signing of the peace deal.


Violence has been raging in eastern DR Congo for decades, leading to thousands of deaths and the displacement of millions of people.


The conflict reignited in 2021 when the M23 rebels re-emerged, launching an offensive against government forces.


Last week, in South Kivu, more than 22 people were shot dead in Irhambi Katana, in the Kabare territory on the night of November 23 and 24 in clashes between pro-government self-defence groups and M23 rebels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.