GUINEA-BISSAU STOPS VACCINE STUDY FUNDED BY TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. (PHOTO).

Image
 Guinea-Bissau stops vaccine study funded by Trump administration Guinea-Bissau's foreign minister has said his government has stopped a study funded by the Trump administration aiming to evaluate side effects of the life-saving hepatitis B vaccine, including any links to autism. The West African country, one of the region's poorest, has high rates of hepatitis B, and the prospective study had drawn an outcry from scientists and international health bodies because only half the newborns in the trial would get the vaccine at birth. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus said it was not ethical. Guinea-Bissau last month suspended the trial pending an ethical review. Critics had said it was being used to test theories linking vaccines to autism, long promoted by U.S. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr but contradicted by scientific evidence. Foreign Minister Joao Bernardo Vieira said in an interview on Tuesday that the study had been closed, citing concer...

TROOPS OF OPHK NEUTRALISE TERRORIST SUICIDE BOMBERS IN BORNO STATE. (PHOTOS).


 TROOPS OF OPHK NEUTRALISE TERRORIST SUICIDE BOMBERS IN BORNO STATE


Troops of OPHK have successfully neutralised three terrorist suicide bombers following a deliberate, intelligence-driven operation conducted along the Guduf–Pulka axis in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State.


The operation, executed through covert intelligence efforts by troops in collaboration with local volunteer forces, led to the tracking and neutralisation of the suicide bombers before they could carry out planned attacks on innocent civilians. During the encounter, suicide vests and other improvised explosive device (IED) materials in the possession of the terrorists were recovered and safely secured.


Troops also inflicted heavy casualties on the terrorist escorts accompanying the suicide bombers. The surviving elements fled into the Mandara Mountains under pressure from sustained troop action. In the course of exploitation, troops recovered four AK-47 rifles abandoned by the fleeing terrorists, while two motorcycles used by the terrorists were destroyed.


Preliminary intelligence assessments indicate that the neutralised suicide bombers were dispatched from the Mandara Mountains by the Ali Ngulde-led Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad (JAS) faction of Boko Haram terrorists. Troops of Operation HADIN KAI have intensified efforts to detect, track, and neutralise suicide bombers and other terrorist elements operating from this enclave, leveraging human intelligence, communication intercepts, and other intelligence-gathering capabilities.


The Theatre Command, Operation HADIN KAI, has continued to strengthen collaboration with other security agencies as well as community-based volunteer forces across Borno and Yobe States to forestall terrorist attacks on soft targets and protect innocent citizens. In addition, public enlightenment campaigns have been intensified to encourage vigilance and prompt reporting of suspicious movements or persons within communities.


Operation HADIN KAI remains resolute and committed to sustaining offensive pressure on terrorist elements, degrading their operational capabilities, and ensuring the safety and security of the populace within the theatre of operations.

More photos below. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

TINUBU ANNOUNCES ARRIVAL OF 4 U.S ATTACK HELICOPTERS. (PHOTO).