LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

MALAMI: JUDGE THREATENS CONTEMPT, WARNS COUNSEL AGAINST UNRULY CONDUCT. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.


 Malami:  Judge Threatens Contempt, Warns Counsel Against Unruly Conduct


Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court, Maitama, Abuja, on Tuesday, April 21, 2026, warned counsel appearing before her against engaging in conduct capable of stalling proceedings, threatening to invoke the court’s contempt powers where necessary.


The warning came during proceedings in a matter involving the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC and a former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, over properties linked to him.


At the hearing, counsel to the EFCC, J.S. Okutepa, SAN, informed the court that he had earlier received a call from lead defence counsel, J.B. Daudu, SAN, notifying him of his engagement at the Court of Appeal on time-sensitive matters and indicating that a representative would attend with a letter to that effect.

“My Lord, I came and met the letter which was given to us, showing that he is before the Court of Appeal in two matters involving the PDP.  But before then, My Lord, I had written to the learned senior counsel expressing my profound displeasure over the manner we have been treated in this matter,” Okutepa said.


In her response, Justice Abdulmalik emphasized the need for strict compliance with court directives, noting that the interim forfeiture order had been published for fourteen days to enable interested parties to show cause.

“My directive is that this interim forfeiture was placed in a newspaper for fourteen days for parties to show cause. I am going to give a definite date for hearing. Any counsel whose processes are not in will be deemed to have shut himself out,” she said.


The judge further warned against any form of misconduct in court, stating: “If you are not satisfied with my decision, you can approach the appellate court. But at the next adjourned date, this matter will be heard. If your processes are not filed, they will be deemed abandoned. I will not entertain any rascality from any lawyer who decides to be unruly in my court. If need be, I will cite you for contempt, dock you and jail you.”


Justice Abdulmalik subsequently ordered all parties and interested persons to file and serve their processes on or before April 27, 2026.

“All parties and interested parties must file and serve their processes on or before April 27, 2026. Any defaulting party has shut itself out. Any process served after that date will not be recognized by this court,” she ruled.


She added that responses must be filed within stipulated timelines to ensure readiness for hearing.


The matter was adjourned to May 26, 2026, for the hearing of all pending applications.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.