LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM. (PHOTOS). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
 LASG PRESENTS STAFF OF OFFICE TO NEW ONIȘẸ OF ISE KINGDOM The Lagos State Government has presented the Staff of Office and Instrument of Appointment to Prince Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, as His Royal Majesty, Alaiyeluwa Oba Ibrahim Adebowale Saliu, the Onise of Ise Kingdom in Lekki Local Government Area. The presentation was performed on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Rural Development, Dr. Nurudeen Yekinni Agbaje, alongside the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Chieftaincy Affairs and Rural Development, Mrs. Kikelomo Bolarinwa, with the approval of the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu and the Lagos State Executive Council, following the demise of the late Oba Ganiu Adebowale Adegbesan, Onise of Ise Kingdom. Speaking at the occasion, Dr. Agbaje urged the new Monarch to make peace, unity and inclusive development the pillars of his reign, stressing the important role traditional institutions play in promoting har...

STARMER ADMITS ERROR OVER PETER MANDELSON UK AMBASSADOR APPOINTMENT AMID FAILED SECURITY VETTING, AND JEFFREY EPSTEIN TIES, CALLS TO RESIGN GROW. (PHOTO).


 Starmer admits error over Peter Mandelson UK ambassador appointment amid failed security vetting, and Jeffrey Epstein ties, calls to resign grow

  

 British Prime Minister Keir Starmer has admitted he made an error of judgment in appointing Peter Mandelson as the United Kingdom’s ambassador to Washington, saying he would not have approved the move if he had been aware that Mandelson had failed security vetting. Starmer made the comments in the House of Commons on Monday, as he faced intense questioning from lawmakers over how the appointment went ahead despite the unresolved security concerns.

Starmer said he was not informed that Mandelson had not passed an intensive vetting process and placed responsibility on Foreign Office officials, arguing that the information “could and should have been shared” before Mandelson took up the post. He insisted the appointment followed proper procedures, but said he was “furious” that he had not been made aware of the security assessment. Mandelson was removed from the role after about nine months, following scrutiny of his association with Jeffrey Epstein and questions over his conduct in office.

The situation has triggered mounting political pressure on Starmer, with opposition parties calling for his resignation and accusing him of serious misjudgment in handling a key diplomatic appointment. Within his own party, unease has grown over both the vetting failure and the broader political fallout, particularly as Labour faces challenging local election results and ongoing criticism of its performance in government.

The controversy has also renewed scrutiny of Mandelson’s suitability for the role, including warnings that his past associations and business dealings raised reputational concerns. Starmer has defended his wider decision-making process but acknowledged that, had he known the full details of the security assessment, Mandelson would not have been appointed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.