RUSSIA UNLEASHES MASSIVE DRONE AND MISSILE BARRAGE ON KYIV, INCLUDING RARE ORESHNIK HYPERSONIC STRIKE, KILLING AT LEAST FOUR AND INJURING DOZENS. (PHOTO).

Image
 Russia unleashes massive drone and missile barrage on Kyiv, including rare Oreshnik hypersonic strike, killing at least four and injuring dozens Russia launched one of its largest aerial attacks in months on Kyiv and surrounding areas, unleashing hundreds of drones and missiles in an overnight barrage that killed at least four people and injured more than 80, Ukrainian officials said. Authorities reported widespread damage across the capital region, including destroyed residential buildings, damaged schools, and strikes on infrastructure as emergency crews worked through the night to extinguish fires and clear rubble. Officials said the assault included the use of an Oreshnik hypersonic missile, which was fired near the capital and marked only the third known deployment of the system in the war since Russia’s full-scale invasion began in 2022. The missile, which is believed to have a long range and potential nuclear capability, was part of a larger wave of roughly 90 missiles and ...

COURT OKAYS HEARING OF SUIT SEEKING REOPENING OF PROBE INTO MOHBAD’S DEATH. (PHOTO).



Court okays hearing of suit seeking reopening of probe into Mohbad’s death


Justice James Omotosho of the Federal High Court in Abuja has fixed May 28 for the hearing of a suit that is seeking to compel the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) to reopen an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of popular musician Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba popularly known as Mohbad.


Vanguard reports that a non-governmental organisation, under the aegis of the Registered Trustees of Break the Silence Foundation, had on April 15 secured the court’s approval to apply for an order of mandamus to compel the police to conduct a thorough, diligent, impartial, and professional reinvestigation into the circumstances that led to Mohbad’s death in Lagos in September 2023.


Following a motion ex parte that was filed by the applicant, the court granted permission to apply for “an order of mandamus compelling the respondents to perform their statutory duties as provided for under Section 4 of the Police Act 2020, by inviting all persons who were last seen with the deceased—particularly his wife, one Omowumi Cynthia Aloba; close associates; and the deceased’s father, one Joseph Aloba of the Ikorodu area, Lagos—who hurriedly buried the deceased without police clearance first obtained, and/or by arresting and charging, where evidence so warrants, such other persons found to be directly or indirectly responsible for the death of the deceased, which occurred in September 2023 in Lagos.”


The court  directed the applicant to effect service of the Originating Summons on the Commissioner of Police in Lagos, who is listed as the 3rd respondent, by substituted means.


It held that the processes should be served on him by dropping a copy with any officer at the Legal Department of the NPF at the Force Headquarters, Area 11, Garki, Abuja.


Meanwhile, at the resumed proceedings on Monday, the Applicant, through its team of lawyers led by Chief Tunde Falola, informed the court that all the Respondents had been duly served with the suit marked FHC/ABJ/CS/636/2026.


Consequently, Justice Omotosho slated the matter for hearing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).