EMEFIELE: FINANCE MINISTRY UNAWARE OF N124.86BN CBN WITHDRAWAL, WITNESS TELLS COURT. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE

Image
 Emefiele:  Finance Ministry Unaware of N124.86bn CBN Withdrawal,   Witness Tells Court   A Director in the Federal Ministry of Finance, Ali Mohammed, on Tuesday, October 6, 2026, told the Federal Capital Territory, FCT High Court sitting in Maitama, Abuja, that the Ministry was not aware of the withdrawal of N124.86 billion from the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.   Mohammed, who testified as the prosecution witness 10, PW10, in the ongoing trial of the former CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, disclosed this while being led in evidence by the prosecution counsel, Abbas Mohammed.   The witness said he appeared before the court because his Ministry received a letter from the investigation team concerning N154 billion said to have been withdrawn by the CBN.   Explaining his position and responsibilities in the Ministry, Mohammed said, “My Lord, the Department of Home Finance is made up of three functions based in three divisions, that is State and Public...

I THOUGHT WE HAD TIME - MACAULAY CULKIN OPENS UP ABOUT LOSING CATHERINE O’HARA.(PHOTO).


 I Thought We Had Time - Macaulay Culkin Opens Up About Losing Catherine O’Hara


Macaulay Culkin is still struggling to come to terms with the loss of his longtime Home Alone co-star, Catherine O’Hara.


Speaking to Gentleman’s Journal, the actor reflected on the emotional impact of O’Hara’s p@ssing earlier this year, admitting it left him feeling like there was more he wanted to say to her.


Culkin, now 45, starred alongside O’Hara in the 1990 holiday classic Home Alone and its sequel Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. She famously played Kate McCallister, the worried mother of Kevin McCallister, the role that turned Culkin into one of Hollywood’s biggest child stars.


Looking back on their bond, the actor said the news of her de@th hit him deeply.


“When Catherine p@ssed away in January, that hit me,” he said. “That hit me pretty good because it just felt too soon. I felt like we had unfinished business.”


He continued by explaining that he always felt there was something left undone between them.


“I feel like I owed her a favor, and I don’t like having an outstanding debt,” Culkin added emotionally.


Shortly after O’Hara’s p@ssing, Culkin shared a touching tribute on Instagram. He posted a still from Home Alone showing their characters embracing, alongside a recent photo of the pair recreating the same pose years later.


In the caption, he wrote: “Mama. I thought we had time. I wanted more. I wanted to sit in a chair next to you. I heard you. But I had so much more to say.”


He ended the message simply with: “I love you. I’ll see you later.”


Culkin was only 10 years old when he filmed the original Home Alone, and he admitted that growing up around much older actors has meant dealing with a lot of loss over the years.


The actor noted that many of the people he worked with during his childhood are no longer around, including Home Alone stars John Heard and John Candy.


“I’m going to be one of the last people standing when it comes to that kind of old Hollywood group,” he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.