RUSSIA UNLEASHES MASSIVE DRONE AND MISSILE BARRAGE ON KYIV, INCLUDING RARE ORESHNIK HYPERSONIC STRIKE, KILLING AT LEAST FOUR AND INJURING DOZENS. (PHOTO).
United Arab Emirates says it intercepted multiple missiles fired from Iran over territorial waters
The United Arab Emirates said it intercepted multiple missiles launched from Iran on Monday, marking a sharp escalation in regional tensions as a fragile ceasefire faces a new strain.
The UAE’s defense ministry said three so-called “loitering munitions” were detected and shot down over the country’s territorial waters, while a fourth missile reportedly fell into the sea. Officials did not provide further details on damage or potential casualties.
The UAE, located along the southern edge of the Persian Gulf, described the incident as the first activation of its missile alert system since a ceasefire arrangement between the United States and Iran took effect on April 8. The timing has raised concerns about the stability of the truce, which had already been under pressure due to military activity in nearby waters, including the Strait of Hormuz.
Authorities issued emergency alerts to residents in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, warning of a possible missile threat and advising people to seek immediate shelter in secure buildings.
The reported strike has not been confirmed by Iranian state media. Officials in Washington did not immediately respond to questions about whether the incident would be considered a violation of the ceasefire agreement.
The incident adds to growing uncertainty in the region as diplomatic efforts continue amid ongoing military tensions across the Persian Gulf.
Comments
Post a Comment