TODAY, I OFFICIALLY TURN 18- EMMANUELLA. (PHOTOS).
Cristiano Ronaldo's sister, Kátia Aveiro, has said she believes the 2026 FIFA World Cup will be the final tournament of his international career with Portugal.
Speaking to Portuguese broadcaster Sport TV before Portugal's 2-1 victory over Croatia on July 2, Aveiro said she expected her brother's time with the national team to come to an end after the competition.
"I truly believe this is the farewell, so make the most of it because it'll be hard to find someone like him again," she said. "The information I have is very reliable. I believe this is the last dance, so let's enjoy it."
Aveiro clarified that her comments related only to Ronaldo's international career and not his future with Saudi Pro League club Al-Nassr.
She also reflected on his contribution to football, saying his achievements over more than two decades should be recognised by supporters of the sport.
Ronaldo made his senior debut for Portugal in 2003 at the age of 18 and has since become the country's most-capped player. He also holds the men's international goalscoring record with 145 goals, including one in Portugal's victory over Croatia.
The five-time Ballon d'Or winner has represented Portugal at five previous World Cups but has not won the tournament. After Portugal's elimination in 2022, Ronaldo said he had "fought hard" to achieve that goal and had given everything for the national team.
Comments
Post a Comment