TODAY, I OFFICIALLY TURN 18- EMMANUELLA. (PHOTOS).
Marcello Hernandez included Tiger Woods in his opening monologue while hosting the ESPYs, making a joke that referenced the golfer's recent DUI arrest.
After congratulating Chicago Bears quarterback Caleb Williams on being featured on the cover of the latest Madden video game, the Saturday Night Live comedian added, "Congratulations to Caleb — and Tiger Woods will be on the cover of Grand Theft Auto."
The joke referred to Woods' March car crash in Jupiter Island, Florida, which ended with the 50-year-old golfer being arrested and charged with DUI, property damage and refusal to submit to a lawful test.
Following the incident, Woods pleaded not guilty and announced he would step away from golf to focus on treatment.
"I know and understand the seriousness of the situation I find myself in today," Woods wrote in a statement shared on X at the time.
"I am stepping away for a period of time to seek treatment and focus on my health. This is necessary in order for me to prioritize my well-being and work toward lasting recovery."
He also thanked supporters for their understanding and asked for privacy for himself and his family.
Woods later left a rehabilitation facility in Switzerland on June 12 as he continued his recovery.
Comments
Post a Comment