ATIKU PLEDGES SCHOLARSHIP TO VIRAL NIGER TEEN MINER. (PHOTO).

Image
 Atiku pledges scholarship to viral Niger teen miner Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar on Sunday said his “heart breaks” each time he watches a viral video of a teenage artisanal miner, Yusuf Aliyu, speaking at a mining site in Niger State after the deaths of 37 miners in the state. Atiku, in a statement posted on his X handle, said he was prepared to support the boy’s education, describing him as a child whose intelligence and confidence should be nurtured in a classroom rather than by working at a mining site. “I have watched Yusuf Aliyu’s video repeatedly, and each time, my heart breaks. A child with such intelligence, clarity and confidence should be in a classroom building his future—not struggling for survival in a community surrounded by gold but buried in poverty. “I cannot look at him and see an ‘illegal miner.’ I see a Nigerian child failed by the country that should have protected him. I see brilliance trapped by poverty and enormous promise abandoned by leadership,” ...

JOSÉ MOURINHO REVEALS HE AGREED TO SUCCEED SIR ALEX FERGUSON AT MANCHESTER UNITED BEFORE REJOINING CHELSEA. (PHOTO).



José Mourinho reveals he agreed to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United before rejoining Chelsea


José Mourinho has disclosed that he signed an agreement to take over as Manchester United manager after Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement in 2013, only to change his mind and return to Chelsea instead.


The Portuguese coach made the revelation in his new Netflix documentary. He said the deal was struck after he left Real Madrid.


“I go to Chelsea in 2013, but in that period there is something nobody knows,” Mourinho said. “When I left Real Madrid, I signed with Manchester United to go to Manchester United after Sir Alex. I was, of course, very flattered, because Manchester United has an incredible appeal. When I say Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world, I have to say that Manchester United is very, very close.”


Ferguson, who retired at the end of the 2012/13 season, also appears in the documentary and recalled the moment Mourinho informed him of the change of heart.


“Early evening he phoned me and he was crying,” Ferguson said. “And he says, ‘Alex, I can’t take it – I’ve given my word to Chelsea, and I’m not going to break my word.’ The reason he gave to me I could understand, but I was disappointed.”


Mourinho subsequently began his second spell at Chelsea in 2013. Ferguson was succeeded at Old Trafford by David Moyes. Mourinho eventually took charge of Manchester United in 2016, replacing Louis van Gaal. In his two-and-a-half years at the club he won the Europa League, League Cup and Community Shield.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.