WOMAN PLEADS GUILTY TO FA-TALLY SHO-OTING 11-MONTH-OLD SON TO KEEP HIM FROM FATHER. (PHOTO).

Image
 "Worth It" — Woman Pleads Guilty to Fatally Shooting 11-Month-Old Son to Keep Him From Father Madeline Veronique Daly, 36, pleaded guilty this week in Silver City, New Mexico, to first-degree murder in the December 23, 2025 killing of her 11-month-old son, Basil Stoner. Grant County deputies had tracked her to an RV off Highway 15 on a Wyoming kidnapping warrant after she took the baby during a custody dispute with his father, Jake Stoner. While officers waited for a warrant and tried to negotiate, Daly put a 9mm handgun to the boy’s face and fired. According to the criminal complaint, Daly told investigators her thought when she saw law enforcement approach was: “Jake can’t get Basil.” After her arrest she said it was “worth it” if Basil’s father and his family never got him. The affidavit also records her saying she would do it again “just to make sure that the didn’t touch him.” Bodycam footage referenced in court documents states she admitted shooting the child and “not ...

MASQUERADES ARRESTED AND DETAINED IN NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE, FOR ASSAULTING RESIDENTS TODAY AUGUST 28.(PHOTO)

 



 TWO BIG MASQUERADES ARRESTED AFTER ALLEGEDLY ASSAULTING RESIDENTS IN NSUKKA


Tension reportedly gripped parts of Nsukka, Enugu State, today after two big masquerades were allegedly involved in an attack on residents.


According to reports, the two masquerades were subsequently arrested and detained by security authorities following allegations that they assaulted some residents in the area.


The circumstances that led to the confrontation remain unclear as of the time of filing this report.


The incident has reportedly attracted attention from residents, with many waiting for further details on what exactly transpired and what action will be taken.


A MASQUERADE IS NOT ABOVE THE LAW

Masquerades were reportedly arrested in Nsukka, Enugu State, today over allegations that they assaulted residents.

The incident should remind us of an important truth:


Culture deserves respect, but culture is not a licence to violate another person's rights.

I respect our customs. I respect our traditions. I respect masquerades.


In fact, whenever I see masquerades performing in my community, I give them money whenever I can.


But let me share something that happened to me about two years ago.

I was walking past a group of masquerades performing at a burial ceremony when a young man who had recently returned from the city after spending more than 20 years away saw me.


He began shouting:

"Why didn't you run when you saw the masquerade?"

According to him, I had violated a traditional "law", and the masquerade was supposed to flog me.


I looked at him and calmly said:

"The next exile you will experience will be from me. All you need to do is make good on your threat."


I was not disrespecting the masquerade.

I simply refused to accept that anyone had the right to assault me because I did not run.

And this is where we must draw the line.

You can practise your culture.


You can dance with your masquerade.

You can perform your traditional rites.

You can even ask people to respect certain traditional practices.


But can you legally beat someone simply because they refused to obey you?

That is the real question.


Once an act involves assault, intimidation, threats or any other unlawful conduct, calling it "culture" does not automatically make it legally protected.


Tradition cannot become a shield for criminal conduct.

We should teach our children to respect culture but we must also teach them that every human being has dignity and rights that must be respected.


Because ultimately:

You do not protect a culture by making people afraid of it.

You protect a culture by making people proud of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

MUSICIAN HARRY-SONG,REVEALS THE FACE OF THE FEMALE FAN WHO IS THREATENING TO KILL HIM.{PHOTOS}.