FOUR SUSPECTS ARRESTED OVER FARMER-HERDER CLASH IN NINGI LGA THAT CLAIMED ONE LIFE. (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.

Image
BAUCHI STATE POLICE COMMAND PRESS RELEASE FOUR SUSPECTS ARRESTED OVER FARMER-HERDER CLASH IN NINGI LGA THAT CLAIMED ONE LIFE Following the unfortunate farmer-herder clash at Guda Village in Ningi Local Government Area, the Command wishes to inform the public that four suspects have now been arrested in connection with the incident. On 23rd September, 2026 at about 0740hrs, three farmers from Guda Village went to their farms on Guda Hill and found cattle belonging to a herder grazing on and destroying their crops. They chased the cattle to the herders' settlement where an argument ensued and degenerated into a fight. In the process, the three farmers sustained injuries. Sadly, in retaliation, some youths from Guda Village mobilized and set ablaze houses at the herders settlement. Operatives from Ningi Division responded promptly, restored normalcy and evacuated the injured to General Hospital Ningi. Unfortunately, one of them, Usman Jibrin, 40 years old, later died while receiving t...

PRESIDENT TINUBU DIRECTS EFCC TO VACATE THE COURT ORDER FREEZING OSUN GOVERNMENT ACCOUNT . (PHOTO). #PRESS RELEASE.




STATEHOUSE STATEMENT


PRESIDENT TINUBU DIRECTS EFCC TO VACATE THE COURT ORDER FREEZING OSUN GOVERNMENT ACCOUNT 

 

It has come to my notice that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) obtained a court order on August 5, 2026, freezing the accounts of the Osun State Government. I must state that I feel deeply embarrassed not by the EFCC's exercise of its mandate backed by a court order, but by the timing of the agency's action. This is so because every action taken by an institution of State, especially at the Federal level, is always credited to me, as the President, even when I may not have had any prior knowledge of the action.


Since assuming office, I have consistently maintained that anti-corruption and law enforcement agencies must be allowed to discharge their statutory responsibilities independently, professionally, without fear or favour, or political interference. I have therefore deliberately refrained from directing or interfering in the operational activities of the EFCC or any other investigative or prosecutorial agency because I firmly believe that strong democratic institutions, operating within the confines of the law, are indispensable to democratic good governance and the rule of law.


As President, I am committed to allowing institutions of State to function and take any action they consider necessary in the interest of proper governance without the need for any prior approval.  Indeed, that is why institutions are set up by law with clearly defined powers.    While I am yet to be fully apprised of the facts which informed the action of EFCC in approaching the court to obtain the said order freezing the Osun State Government account, I am not in the slightest doubt that the timing of the action of EFCC is inauspicious, and therefore I feel compelled to intervene. 


Osun State is only a few days away from its gubernatorial election. Therefore, nothing ought to be done to give an impression that the EFCC or indeed any other agency of the federal government is being used to interfere with the election.

 

Based on the foregoing premise, I am duty-bound to issue a directive on this issue in consonance with the overriding public interest in preserving public confidence and the integrity, credibility, and fairness of our democratic process. 

 

Accordingly, I have directed the EFCC to immediately proceed to the court to vacate the order and discontinue whatever action it has instituted against the Osun State Government in this regard. 


Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

 

 

PRESIDENT BOLA AHMED TINUBU(GCFR)

ASO ROCK VILLA,

ABUJA

6th AUGUST, 2026 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE NEW OONI OF ILE-IFE,WILL NOT EAT THE HEART OF THE LATE OONI-PALACE CHIEFS.

INNOSON GIVES OUT BRAND NEW IVM G5 AND SALARY FOR LIFE TO THE MAN WHO PROPHESIED ABOUT HIS VEHICLE MANUFACTURING IN 1979.(PHOTO).

SHAKIRA COVERS WOMEN'S HEALTH MAGAZINE,APRIL ISSUE.