‘TEMPER JUSTICE WITH MERCY’ – NANS APPEALS TO MADONNA UNIVERSITY TO PARDON VIRAL GEN Z NURSING STUDENTS. (PHOTO).
PRESIDENT TINUBU MOURNS NAF PERSONNEL IN ONDO JET CRASH, ORDERS THOROUGH INVESTIGATION OF THE MISHAP
President Bola Tinubu has expressed profound sadness over the crash on Monday morning of a Nigerian Air Force ATR-42 jet near a naval base in the Igbokoda area of Ondo State.
The aircraft was on a routine mission from Benin to Lagos when the accident occurred.
The President extends his deepest condolences to the family of the 25 passengers and seven crew members involved, the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sunday Kelvin Aneke, and all officers, airmen and airwomen of the Nigerian Air Force.
"This is a painful moment for our Armed Forces and for the entire nation. Our Air Force personnel put their lives on the line every day to secure Nigeria. Their sacrifice will never be forgotten."
“The Chief of Air Staff has briefed me, and I have directed the Nigerian Air Force to immediately commence a thorough investigation into the cause of the crash to prevent future occurrences.
“I commend the Nigerian Air Force for activating an immediate Search and Rescue operation following the accident..
“ I pray for the repose of the souls of the gallant officers and for Almighty God to grant their families and the Nigerian Air Force the fortitude to bear the unfortunate loss.
“ I assure the Nigerian Air Force of the continued support of our administration as they continue their vital role in securing our nation.
“I also commend the swift response of first responders and the Ondo State Government at the crash site”, President Tinubu says.
Bayo Onanuga
Special Adviser to the President
(Information & Strategy)
October 5, 2026
Comments
Post a Comment